X-TEX is a new and unique lipophilic media with a multitude of potential environmental
X-TEX is produced from recycled synthetic fibers. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, these fibers are blended and processed into a lightweight fiber mass with enormous surface area and interstitial spaces creating a high performance sorbent and filter media*.
Our fiber blend is also utilized in our X-TEX Rolled Fabric, designed for use as a durable long lasting
geo-textile and filter media.
- Because of X-TEX's selective affinity for lipophilic ("oil attracting") it is very efficient in removing hydrocarbons from water.
- X-TEX excels as a spill removal media capable of sorbing liquid hydrocarbons, including petroleum, animal
and vegetable oils onto its vast fiber mass surfaces and into process-created interstitial spaces.
- When used as a filter medium, water passes freely, while adsorption of target hydrocarbons begins on contact. X-TEX is extremely efficient due to the enormous lipophilic surface area of the altered fibers.
- X-TEX works well as a fibrous supporting matrix for other water conditioning materials such as selective zeolites, activated carbon, zero-valent iron filings, etc. X-TEX can be "conditioned" to remove specific chemical compounds.
- X-TEX is cost effective in comparison to many conventional filtering media, adsorbing/absorbing an average of 20
times its own weight of liquid hydrocarbons.
- Approximately 85-90 % of sorbed oils can be reclaimed from X-TEX and the media reused.
- In bench-scale testing, X-TEX has shown promising results in filtering out emulsified oils and hydrocarbons out of a water stream. This characteristic creates opportunities for the use of X-TEX in oil/water separation applications and other hydrocarbon filter projects.
- X-TEX forms into cohesive mats or "wads" which can easily conform to various applications or filter devices.
- X-TEX is environmentally benign and user-friendly. It does not leach harmful substances into the environment and when incinerated produces minimal residue or ash.
Choose either the exceptional X-TEX Bulk Fibers or our high performance X-TEX Rolled Fabric for the same stellar
performance and results
Thank You for Shopping AbsorbentsOnline.com