When you think of absorbents, what comes to mind? For many people, it’s sponges. However, the world of absorbents encompasses so much more than your average household products like rags and paper towels. In fact, it even goes further than standard industrial products like booms, mats, pads, and rolls. While the absorbents and related products in this list might not be as common, they’re quite useful in their applications. Which could you put to good use?
- Drum Funnels — Looking for a handy way to get the liquids you’d like to store into their drums? While they’re not absorbents, Drum Funnels can help you avoid spills and, therefore, the need for absorbent materials since they help with the drum-filling process. Durable Drum Funnels come in 55- and 30-gallon sizes, are made of 100% polyethylene, and are available with and without screens and covers for keeping dirt out.
- Acid Neutralizer Absorbent — Have an acid spill? Know for sure with Acid Neutralizer Absorbent! This handy absorbent neutralizes and solidifies acids and also changes color in their presence to alert users when neutralization is complete. Quick, easy to use, and environmentally friendly, Acid Neutralizer Absorbent comes in a waterproof five-gallon pail and is great for battery acid spills.
- Bollard Covers — Like Drum Funnels, these products are not absorbents, but they provide protection. Covers slip over and protect bollards, reducing the need for maintenance like painting while preventing bollard damage. Those in bright colors can also alert drivers to the presence of bollards, allowing them to avoid damage.
- Cigarette Receptacles — Does anyone at your facility smoke? Offer them a designated place to put their butts! Not only do these receptacles prevent butts from entering the environment but they also offer smokers a convenient place to smoke and put their cigarettes out as well as keep your facility clean. In addition, they help prevent fires and come in a variety of styles and colors.
- Granular Absorbents — Need a natural, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly way to absorb spills on floors? Made of recycled or biodegradable materials, Granular Absorbents come in four styles: Gran-sorb, Super Sorbent, Peat Moss Absorbent, and Corn Cob Absorbent. Gran-sorb is the most popular and is made from paper mill waste, so it’s free of hazardous materials. Super Sorbent is a universal absorbent and comes in handy shakers for fast small-spill response. Peat Moss Absorbent is perfect for oil-only spills, is biodegradable, and can be incinerated. Corn Cob Absorbent is made from ground corn cobs and holds four times its weight in fluids.
- Industrial Safety Products — If you’re looking for a little extra protection, Industrial Safety Products have you covered! From Steel Bollard Posts and Machine Safety Guards to Column Protectors, Corner Protectors, and Wall Protectors, these safety products can guard almost any area at risk of bumps, scuffs, and other damage to protect machinery and your facility.
- Drums — For the safest liquid storage, choose Drums! These high-density polyethylene drums are food-grade quality, come in a variety of sizes, and can contain hazardous waste and chemicals. In addition, multiple lid style options are available, so you can ensure you get the seal you need.
- Loading Ramp — Perfect for easily loading your drums, these portable ramps come in three styles: Container, Curb, and Loading Dock. Container Ramps are made for loading drums into storage containers, Curb Ramps are great for getting hand trucks onto curbs, and Loading Dock Ramps are perfect for higher surfaces like docks.
- Incinerator — Reduce waste and contamination risks on any job site with a Portable Incinerator! Easy to transport, incinerators allow you to burn waste without odors, smoke, fumes, or pollution and also help cut waste-disposal costs. The SmartAsh fits over any 55-gallon steel drum for safe incineration.
Which lesser-known absorbents and related products are right for you? Get the protection and safety products you need to keep everyone at your facility ready for anything while reducing risks and protecting your bottom line.